Taking care of yourself should be one of your main priorities and when you are able to harness the power of nature with Spirulina it is made so much easier.
What Is Spirulina?
Spirulina is a blue green type of algae that has been growing on earth for billions of years. It contains more protein than many meats and other foodstuffs and it is packed full of trace minerals, essential fatty acids, chlorophyll, beta-carotene, enzymes and antioxidants. In other words it is a complete food that is also highly digestible, making it suitable for those people who have problems with their stomachs.
Spirulina is shaped like small spirals, hence where it got its name from and it is now being used by people all over the world because of its health benefits.
Most people will now understand the benefits of eating organic food and organic Spirulina is no different. When you choose organic products you can be safe in the knowledge that no pesticides have been used in its growth. You can also be sure that the product that you are getting is 100% pure and does not contain any fillers.
Organic Spirulina powder has been grown in hygienic conditions and will meet various standards such as the OCIA – USA organic standards for aquaculture. It will also be Kosher and Halal certified and be 100% vegetarian. It will not contain any metals, which can be a commonly found ingredient in non-organic products.
So when you want to be sure of the quality of the product you are taking organic Spirulina powder is exactly what you should be looking for.
What Are the Benefits of Taking Spirulina?
People who take Spirulina organic powder will start to notice the benefits almost immediately. Here are some of the most common organic Spirulina benefits that people state they experience:
• Improve general health and wellbeing. This is due to the superfood getting to work on your immune system and strengthening it from within. If you have been known to suffer a lot from colds and flu type illness these will be greatly reduced.
• You can lower both your cholesterol and your blood pressure when you are using this product. As your body will be getting more of the nutrients that it needs your cholesterol will naturally start to a lower. Your blood pressure can become more regulated as a result of taking Spirulina also.
• If you have found that your digestion is causing you problems, this could be the answer to your discomfort. As Spirulina will promote the growth of healthy bacteria in your stomach it will help to aid digestion.
• Anyone who finds that they do not have the energy they once had will get a fantastic boost from taking organic Spirulina capsules or powder. When you are getting a huge range of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, antioxidants and more in your diet it will kick start your energy levels.
• You can lower your risk of having a stroke. Studies have shown that people who take Spirulina experience a protective effect within the brain and nervous system.
How Do I Take Spirulina?
You have two choices if you would like to start to take Spirulina – you can either go for the capsule form or the powder. The one that you choose is very much down to your own personal taste and neither one is better than the other – providing you have bought your from a reputable seller. Some people like the con beanie and an easy taking a pill which is why they will opt for the organic Spirulina tablets. Others like to combine the powder with drinks or foods in order to take it.
If you go for the tablets you will need to take between 4 – 8 per day depending on your own needs. If you want to use the powder you will need to start with around half a teaspoon per day and work up to 2 tablespoons per day. You don’t have to take all of the powder in one sitting, many people will spread the amount they are going to take throughout the day.
Experiment with both types and you will find which one is the most suitable and palatable for you individually.
Where Can I Buy It From?
If you are interested in buying organic Spirulina powder or capsules you should always buy from a seller that you can trust. You need to know that you are buying any organic product that meets strict regulations such as Now Foods Organic Spirulina. Now Foods are a company who are dedicated to bringing you the very best health supplements and they ensure that their product is organic and safe to use.
You can order your first supply online and have it shipped out to you quickly. Then you just have to add it to your daily routine and start to experience the many health benefits from this fantastic superfood.