Spirulina is a benefit packed superfood that is being used by people all over the world. Now Foods are one of the industry leaders who want to bring the positives of spirulina to the public and as a result they have created Now Foods Spirulina tablets and Now Spirulina powder.
We have tested both of these products to see if they do make good on their promises to give you more energy, better gut health, improved stamina and better health in general. As you would think these are pretty impressive claims – so are they true? This Now Foods Spirulina review will let you know.
Which Products Can I Take?
Now Foods have a massive product list and if you are interested in spirulina you can choose between Now Foods Organic Spirulina Powder or tablets. Both contain the same amount of Vitamin B-12, beta-carotene, GLA, amnio acids, enzymes, trace elements and minerals, they are just in different forms. If you like to enjoy smoothies or shakes that are packed full of goodness use the powder and add a teaspoon full to your usual drink. If you prefer to take supplements in tablet form you will find the 500mg or double strength 1000mg sizes exactly what you are looking for.
How Do I Take Spirulina?
As shown you have a choice between tablets or organic Spirulina powder and you must take the product as described. In most cases this will mean adding the recommended amount of powder to your food or drinks. Many people like to eat the powder in its ‘raw’ form – in other words they will add it to cold foods. Others like to mix the powder into hot meals such as soups, stews and curries. Why not experiment with the powder (if that’s the product you want to take) and see which food or drink it works well with?
If you decide to go for the tablets you will have to take around 6 of them each day to get the full benefits. This will provide you with the recommended daily dose of 3mg if you have bought the 500mg tablets. If you want to take fewer tablets, go for the 1000mg size as these are double the strength, so you only need to take 3 per day.
What Are the Benefits of Spirulina?
It always makes sense to see all of the benefits of a product before you take the plunge and try it. Here are some of the many plus points that you will experience when you start taking Now Foods Spirulina.
• Both the tablets and powder are vegan and vegetarian friendly. This is good news for anyone following either of these diets as Now Spirulina can be used as a source of protein.
• These products are certified organic, which means they have not been treated with chemicals while they have been grown.
• A stronger immune system which is better at fighting illness. So if you normally suffer from seasonal colds and flu you will be able to protect yourself against them.
• A boost of energy that will last throughout the day without leaving you with a ‘wired’ feeling. As this is a natural, organic product you will not have to worry about any chemical extras being added to the formula.
• Increased heart health, so if you are looking to improve your cardiovascular health this is a good way to do it.
• Just 6 of the 500mg tablets will give you the same nutritional value as two whole servings of fresh vegetables.
• If you suffer from poor digestion, this product can bring relief.
• Cellular health will be improved, this helps your body to repair and renew itself, making this product ideal for athletes and bodybuilders. Add it to your protein shakes and you will be able to reap the benefits.
• If you want to avoid taking a range of different vitamins and minerals each day you will find that this is a product that is packed with essential nutrients. Many people will use this in place of several other different types of supplements. So if you are looking for a total all rounder, this is it.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Before you take any kind of supplement you want to know if you will get any nasty side effects. Some will give you an upset stomach, others can leave an unpleasant taste in the mouth for hours after you have taken them. Thankfully, Now Foods Spirulina powder and tablets don’t provoke any side effects. You will be able to consume the powder or tablets each day with no cause for worry.
Now Foods Organic Spirulina powder is produced by Parry Nutraceutical, a certified producer of organic Spirulina and the first Spirulina manufacturer in the world to receive ‘USP Ingredient Verified Mark’ certification. These products are easy to take and are gentle on your body. While they do have some amazing health benefits they will not make you ill. The only thing you will notice while taking Now Foods Spirulina is better health and more energy- two side effects that you won’t want to miss out on!