Spirulina is a type of algae that is blue-green, it contains an abundance of minerals, vitamins, fatty acids, protein, anti oxidants and phytonutrients. It has more iron than raw spinach contains, 15 times the amount of beta-carotene than found on carrots and 1.5 times the amount of calcium than milk.
As you can see all of these substances make Spirulina an incredible superfood, so let’s take a look at Earthrise Spirulina and see if the product really does pack a nutritional punch.
What Is Earthrise Spirulina?
Earthrise Spirulina is a product brought to you by the Earthrise company who specialise in spirulina and products that are based on it. Earthrise Nutritionals were founded back in 1976 and since then they have worked to create excellent, high quality spirulina products for the mass market. As a result the company is now the largest producer of spirulina in the world and they have a wide range of products – Earthrise Spirulina being one of them. Here are the products that you can try out from the range:
Tablets – these are either Earthrise Spirulina Natural available in packs of 360 tablets which are all 500mg size or Earthrise Spirulina Gold Plus (which has higher levels of Zinc, Vitmain C, and Phycacyanin and is ideal for athletes). Reports on these state that they are easy to take, they have a pleasant taste and they are convenient to take anywhere with you. They have a huge list of benefits, however we will look in more detail at what these are shortly.
Powder – Earthrise Natural Spirulina powder provides exactly the same benefits to health as the tablet form, but this can be mixed into drinks, shakes and smoothies or added to food. Many people prefer to take spirulina this way as they can get their daily dose of this superfood in one go instead of taking tablets.
Is It Pleasant to Take?
After trying out both the tablet and powdered forms of this product it would be fair to say that the tablets are a little easier to take. This is due to the convenience of taking a tablet compared to having to mix the powder into something else – i.e. a shake or your meal.
Previous customers state that the tablets have no after taste, whereas the powder can have a slight ‘green’ taste that is noticeable. However, this taste is not unpleasant and for many it actually adds more to their morning shake. So really it is down to personal preference as to which product would be the most pleasant for you.
Does This Product Work?
If you take Earthrise Spirulina in tablet or powdered form you will start to notice various changes in your health. One of the main benefits that users report is a definite increase in energy and stamina, especially in the mornings. So if you find that you take some time to wake up and feel energised in the morning a shake with powder in it can be the boost you are looking for. Other benefits of taking this product include:
• Improved digestive health, this is perfect for anyone who suffers from problems after eating such as bloating or excessive wind.
• Stronger immunity which means you are less likely to get ill from colds, coughs and so on.
• Anti oxidants can help to slow down the signs of aging. Many people will take spirulina as it gives them a youthful glow and can protect the skin against wrinkles and the damage of free radicals.
• Spirulina can help to reduce the symptoms of arthritis and is taken by a lot of sufferers. As it does not contain any painkillers or other chemicals it can be taken without worry as it will not react to any of your medications.
• Enhanced brain and eye health. People report having clearer vision and are able to think faster – ‘foggy brain’ is no more with this product.
• Some people state that when they are taking this product they find that cuts and bruises will heal faster than ever before.
• Vegetarians and vegans will be able to keep track of their protein intake without having to use meat substitutes. Spirulina has more protein in it than beef, so it is a good choice for people wishing to have a balanced diet without eating meat.
These are just some of the positive benefits that taking spirulina as a regular part of your diet can have on your health.
Are There Any Side Effects?
As this is a totally natural product you will not experience any kind of side effects from taking it – apart from the positive ones. The product is kind to the stomach and will not cause any sickness or nausea – something that a lot of people are worried about. You can take Earthrise Spirulina in confidence, knowing that you will only enjoy the many benefits and not any nasty side effects.
So why not see Spirulina in action for yourself and try it out? In a matter of days you will start to feel more alert, healthier and ready to take on whatever life throws at you.